Caveats and restrictions
To use the divider block you need to understand it’s restrictions.
When I wrote this post: 13/07/2020…
The color section and white section, in the point shape and round shape divider blocks, can NOT be flipped. So you get this…
Or you get this…
I wanted to put an arrow a the bottom of a block.
But I can’t…
I think this will change with future updates of the theme. But for now, I do what I can with the available settings.
I wanted to add an arrow that points to the block below this one.
So I made this section white and then I added a pale grey color to the point divider block below.
The other three divider blocks don’t have this restriction.
How do you add a divider block to your page?
When you have a group block in your page, similar to the block above this headline. You can add the divider.
Adding the divider…
- select the group block
- click the three dot, more options, button
- select, insert before
Next, we’ll choose the Mai Divider block from the widgets tab.
To do this…
- click the, add block, plus icon
- open the widgets tab
- select Mai Divider
Mai divider block settings
You should now have a Mai Divider block above a container block. Configure the settings as I have below.
- set a color for your divider
- select a divider style or shape
- experiment with flipping horizontally and vertically
- Make sure the width setting for your divider block. And the width setting for the group block below the divider block, are the same. For example. If the divider block width setting is set to wide width. The group block below the divider block should be set to wide width too.